Monday, September 18, 2006

I have been silent for a long time. This site wouldn't let me post new blogs for some reason. And now, for some reason, I can! Ah well! That's life I suppose.
Lately I have been obsessing about this whole concept of Ummah!
The way I see it, Ummah can be defined as a group of like-minded people pursuing a single goal, - working towards a specific project.
Perhaps an example will help:
I need to arrange a community Iftar. So, I ask my friends if they would be interested in helping. Only those people will come forward who believe that this is a worthwhile project.
What happens now, is that
  1. Every one has constructive ideas to make this thing a success.
  2. No one complains about extra work.
  3. Reaching a decision, after mutual consultation, is easy.
  4. Every one goes along with the decision.
  5. The project is completed in the best way possible.
  6. Every one feels a sense of satisfaction.

Taken in this context, the 'Muslim Ummah' just does not exist these days. The so-called 'Ummah' doesn't meet any of the above conditions.

This concept has been designed for a group of people who have a single-minded devotion to fulfilling the role of Allah's Khalifa on earth.

Who are these people and where are they hiding?

Taking this further, who on God's green earth has the right handle on Islam?

If Islam is the best system there is, why aren't its practitioners in world leadership positions?

Why talk of Muslim Ummah and all Muslims are brothers and sisters.

Where are these Muslims?

Where are these Allah's Khalifas?

Where is the group of people who constitute the 'best community' extracted out of mankind?

Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home