Thursday, December 29, 2005

I often wonder how I can really define myself.
Am I anIndian female who belongs to a respectable family, of 'high lineage', married to a respected doctor?
Am I the proud mother of children with superior life skills?
Am I a well-educated popular lady-of-leisure, who can afford the luxury of volunteering for various 'good works'?
The problem is, that in the final analysis, I am detachable from all of these, my 'claims to fame'.
So who I am really, is, my consciousness, or my spirit, that has all these wonderful resources to use during my time here on earth.
Among the equipment that I have at my disposal, I count time, health, a brain whose neurons are firing normally, and all the other stuff we take for granted. The very air I breathe comes special delivery. The food on my table comes from all over the world. And on and on and on.....
So what do I do with all this? Just fritter it away in mindless pursuits or give a thought or two-or ten-to the accountability commensurate with all these perks?

I think I'll think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home