Saturday, December 31, 2005

Having thought a bit, I think that the best thing in the universe is the human brain. Just imagine! As vast as the Universe is, this lump of soft tissue can encompass it all. And the packaging! Awesome! A trillion or so neurons packed in so tightly and so efficiently!
And, if I can manage to step out of it for a fleeting moment, I can realize it's all mine to use.
I've been reading this book about string theory - The Elegant Universe - by the theory's foremost proponents. I saw his interview on the Colbert Report, and i was relly taken by the passion in his voice.
I have known for a long time that this all too, too , solid flesh (encased in rolls and rolls of fat, more often than not) is all an illusion. But to have this idea validated is something else again. Imagine! Everything is virtual. We are sort of like holograms- so involved in our own little concerns - so unaware of the vastness of the world available to us. Wow!

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger ICVA Refugee Committee said...

As I said earlier, all ‘material’ matter, is made up of atoms which are just illusions because of the motion of their particles. It turns out, that even these particles are not real. The best way to describe them, I think, is to call them holograms.
The human body and its brain is also material and hence an illusion. So the chemicals inside it, which store memories and stuff, are also part of the same matrix.
Culture is nothing more than a bunch of chemicals stored as memories, picked up from the environment since birth. Are we on the same page, so far?
Now comes the absolutely beautiful part, which I thought up when I read your comment:-
When you say la ilaha illallah, you transcend the material world. You escape from the matrix that has you encaged in all these illusions.
Now, we are ready to get the right perspective on things and on our existence. All this Rizq is just equipment to use in the best possible way.
How’s that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home